Maybe you’ve heard of the Akashic Records already; if you haven’t, you’re not alone. And even if you have, you may have questions about them. I still have questions, and I’ve been working with them for years!
What are the Akashic Records?
When asked by a stranger, I often say that the Akashic Records are like Google Search for the soul. That’s an over-simplification, but this is the way most of us use them. Some people compare them to a cosmic library, and ‘see’ a library that they can walk through.
The Akashic Records are primarily a source of information. That information is accessed by energetic beings that are called spirit guides, personal gods, guardian angels, ascended masters, or something else. What you choose to call them is entirely up to you, and depends on your spiritual and religious beliefs. During a reading, these energetic beings serve as intermediaries between your Akashic Records and the person who is performing the Reading.
What happens during an Akashic Record Reading?
Most of what happens in an Akashic Records Reading is the interaction between the reader and your spirit guides (also referred to as Masters, Teachers, and Loved Ones). Because the Records are a divine source of information, our guides translate it into a context and format we can understand, and that they believe best supports us in that moment. This is why, sometimes, you will get different answers from different practitioners or different readings. Different practitioners receive information in different ways, much like various translations of foreign text. It’s also possible that information in the Records has changed, based on environmental or personal changes. Another possibility is that your guides have decided you’re ready to hear something in a different way, due to your own journey and personal growth.
It’s important to know that not just anyone can access your Akashic Records. If you don’t want someone to have access, they can’t open them. Most practitioners will not open someone’s records without an appointment – not only because we want to be sure we have permission, but in general, this type of work requires an exchange or barter, which in our modern world means payment from the client.
How can I use the Akashic Records?
While many use the Akashic Records simply as a way to answer a laundry list of questions about life, the universe, and everything, there are many, many more benefits to an Akashic Record Reading. With the help of my own guides, I’ve created a list of some of them.
A note of caution: While the Akashic Records are a valuable source of information, it is possible to overuse them. The purpose of life is to live it. Relying too heavily on support from the spiritual and energetic realm inhibits our autonomy and the learning process that’s inherent with spending time as a physical, mortal being.
25+ Ways to Use the Akashic Records
If someone else is Reading for you
- Help with decision making. Your Records, and guides, can help you measure the pros and cons of certain choices that you’re faced with. Sometimes, however, a decision is entirely up to you, and they may not have advice. Why not? Not everything has a spiritual or emotional consequence. Also, sometimes a decision takes you on a different path temporarily, but leads to the same ultimate destination.
- Spiritual perspective on changes in your life direction. If you’ve experienced a recent change in your living circumstances, relationship, or work, an Akashic Record Reading can help you understand the potential benefits of that change, why it may be happening, and what may be in store further down the line, if it’s in your best interest to know.
- If you’re a small business owner, consider a reading based on the Akashic Records for your business to get targeted advice. Yes, your business has its own Akashic Records! Opening the Records for your business helps you differentiate between advice based on the business and personal perspectives. I’ve done this several times, and it’s helped me stay focused on the right activities to grow my own small business.
- Energetic Healing. Almost always, during a reading, the client experiences subtle shifts in energy – so subtle that sometimes they aren’t noticeable for days or weeks. These build on each other, and those who access their Records on a regular basis may notice dramatic life changes that they didn’t expect, but almost always lead to a happier, healthier life than they used to have.
- Open the records of your physical body for health, wellness, and nutritional suggestions. Your personal Akashic Records are focused on your emotional well-being, and information about your physical body is more limited than information you can gain from accessing the records of your body directly. Of course, an Akashic Record Reading is not a valid source of medical advice, so check with your personal physical as well!
- Check on your pets. Animals with names have their own Records, and you can learn more about them and their emotional reactions by asking their Records. Also, similar to humans, you can request a reading from the Records of the animal’s physical body, to better understand any veterinary issues that may be troubling you and your pet. Access to their Akashic Records is only granted if the animal trusts you, so keep that in mind before requesting a Reading for a pet.
- If you’re considering a move or purchase of real estate, check the Records of the property. Much like people and pets, places have their own Akashic Records. Whether or not it’s appropriate to consult them is between you and your Records, so start with a reading of your own Records before consulting a specific location. Note: In order to open the Records of a location, an address or navigational coordinates are required.
- See if broken electronics or computer networks have suggestions for repair in their records. I’ve done this with various household devices, which has helped me fix automatic litter boxes and a coffee maker.
- Past Life Analysis. While it is true that this is the only life you will live as your current self, your soul may resonate with life experiences of others who have lived in the past, future, or alternate dimensions. While I don’t recommend seeking out information about past lives simply for curiosity’s sake, sometimes a sense of connection with a certain time period, location, or historical figure has wisdom for us (even if it’s not a past life!). Your Records and guides can help you understand why those places, people, and times resonate with you, and offer steps for deeper recognition of how they influence your current situation.
- Dream Interpretation. Sometimes a dream is just a dream, sometimes it’s your mind processing information while you sleep, and sometimes there’s a message. If you’re not sure, or need help understanding the message, an Akashic Record Reading can add insight.
- Understand life patterns. Our soul’s have patterns, and they may show up in a variety of ways. If you see patterns with career, relationships, or anything else, your Akashic Records and guides may be able to help you understand them, and possibly resolve them. This is true for both ‘good’ and ‘bad’ patterns (the Akashic Records hold no judgement!).
- Discover and resolve soul patterns. Your soul has patterns that you’re not aware of, which are influencing you at a level even deeper than your subconscious. At least once during your life, it’s a good idea to ask your Akashic Records if there are any soul patterns that you’re ready to let go of, what they are, and how you can release them.
- Connect with your spirit guides, ascended masters, and guardian angels. Sometimes it’s nice to know who’s got your back ‘over there,’ and they may have advice for you that you don’t expect! It’s not unusual for me to open a client’s Records only to have their guides practically shouting advice; I have to ask them to slow down so I can keep up!
- Find symbols that resonate with you and reflect your inner self. While learning to read the Akashic Records, one of the more fun and challenging exercises involved my classmates and I working with specific symbols. I was amazed at the variety of symbols, and their interpretations, that the Records provided to us, as well as how much the symbols really reflected each of us as individuals. For nearly all of us, the meaning symbol we worked with evolved, grew, and deepened as we continued our own personal journeys, even when we weren’t actively aware of those symbols!
- Develop an affirmation for your current situation. You may be struggling to accept new circumstances, hoping to manifest something into your life, or have some other reason for seeking an affirmation. Your Records, and guides, can help you refine an affirmation you’re already working with, or create a new one.
- Choose colors for visualization exercises. I know many people who work with color energy, which doesn’t always require a physical item. Visualizing a certain color can change your aura and energetic field in supportive and healing ways. Your Records can help you understand what colors work with your current life situation, and how best to use them.
- Sound spirit resonance. Similar to color, sound therapy is also popular amongst certain circles. Let your records suggest syllables, tones, instruments, or musical pitches that will work best for you.
- Choose crystals that can help you. In the Records, there are three ways to work with crystals. One is to have someone open your Akashic Records, and ask what crystals might be helpful for a given situation. Another is to open the Akashic Records for a specific crystal – preferably one you already own – to find out what it has to offer you. The third way is to check the Akashic Records for a type of crystal, such as amethyst or citrine, and find out about the general benefits of that crystal for you and for people in general. Each individual crystal is unique, much as each human, animal, or plant is unique, so keep that in mind if you choose to learn about a type of crystal.
- Repair soul breaks. Emotional issues from a current or past life can cause ‘stuck’ energy patterns, much like a kink in a garden hose. With the help of your guides and the Records, an experienced Reader can help you to straighten out the hose, so your energy flows more naturallyh. Depending on the size of the kink, this may take several sessions, or lifetimes, to repair fully. Untangling a large kink all at once can result in a flood of emotions and life changes, leading to chaos!
- Inner purpose. If you’re struggling to find a sense of connection with life, the universe, other people, or yourself, an Akashic Record Reading can help you explore possibilities, and offer feedback on various options. It’s possible you were born for a specific purpose, either personal or societal, but you may also have a greater degree of free will and choice in what you do with this life. In either case, you are sovereign, the primary decision maker, and your choices determine your life path.
- Understand your relationships Because an Akashic Record Reading is done through the lens of you, you cannot gain insight into the perspectives of your loved ones. You can, however, gain insights into why you react to them the way you do, what the benefit (or detriment) of a relationship is, or various other aspects of your relationships with other humans, animals, or yourself.
- Fear drills. If you’d like help resolving an emotional issue, your guides and the Akashic Records can guide you through a healing process that takes shape as a story that you experience while your Records are open. This is an exercise that inspired my Intuitive Storytelling technique, where we apply similar techniques through guided meditation..
- Group healing. If you’re able to find multiple practitioners who are willing to work together, they can open your Akashic Records simultaneously. This provides multiple viewpoints, interpretations, and healing practices. I was able to experience this – both for myself and for others – as part of my training, and it was fascinating to see how what each of us had to say built on each other and supported the client more than any one of us could have done solo.
3 Ways to use the Akashic Records if you’ve been trained to access them yourself
While the above techniques are great to know about if you hire someone to do a Reading for you, if you’re trained to read your own Records, there are a few more things you can do.
- Learn how you receive psychic energy. Do you receive energetic and empathic information in visual, audio, kinesthetic, olfactory, or other ways? Your Akashic Records can help you understand how you receive information, so you’re better able to sort out what’s ‘you’ and what isn’t, and reduce the influence of psychic noise.
- Hugs & reassurance. Life is hard sometimes! And it’s perfectly okay to open up your own records to ask for a pep talk, compassion, or whatever you need in the moment.
- Experience your place of inner peace. This is primarily for those who are trained to access their own records. While there are many names for this, I think of it as my inner sanctum – a place of calm that I can retreat to when there’s an emotional storm raging outside.